Friday, November 11, 2011

A New Life

Since before we got Aero we have always been serious when looking at breeders. Slash V Australian Shepherds had always been at the top of our list. We had inquired about their pups several times but were always told there was a long waiting list. So, we found Aero's breeders - Sailen' Acres - and we were very very happy with that match. We would always keep up with the Slash V news, but we always laughed saying getting a spot on that waiting list would have to wait til some unknown date in the future.

I had, out of the blue, emailed Terry Martin of Slash V when we decided to look for a new pup. I heard back pretty quickly:

On Oct 24, 2011, at 10:47 AM, Terry Martin wrote:

Hi Rachel,

I think I had told you that I had bred Whicket to Tide and she did have puppies last Friday. I have not notified the people on my reservation list yet as I usually wait until the puppies are about a week old to be sure they are all thriving - which so far they definitely are.  She has four females, two red merles and two black bi's.


Terry Martin
Slash V Australian Shepherds




So we were a little downhearted. It was a couple days later when something amazing happened.


Let me ask you this: do you believe in fate?

I'm not sure if fate exactly exists, but I do know that  times the right energies line up at the right time. Well, our new pup happened to fall under that category of extrordinary.

On Oct 28, 2011, at 10:13 PM, Terry Martin wrote:

Hi Rachel,
I think I notified you that both of my red merle females were sold.  I just got an e-mail from one of my puppy buyers and her husband (who the puppy was supposed to be a gift for) has decided he does not want a puppy now.  So I do have one of the red merle females available if you are interested.  Below are a couple of pictures I took a day or two ago.  Just let me know and if you aren't interested I will notify some other folks who asked after you did.

Thanks
Terry


We completely were able to by-pass the waiting list AND get first pick of the litter!



We chose this gorgeous little girl. Here she is 1 week old. I can't wait to see her grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment